Tuesday, July 30, 2019

A message from Lauren!

I know the account says, John, but this is Lauren! Signing into the blogsite threw me a curveball with today's new-fangled security options. But that's nothing too bad because our trip has had a few curveballs (nothing terrible!). We've been rewarded for the journey getting here with cool weather and for that we are all very happy. This truly is an experience and I'm incredibly grateful to be here. Our hosts and teachers have been incredibly supportive, funny, and they expect a lot out of us. That is an honor. For the most part we are polishing, adding to, and going deeper into some pieces that we've learned back at St. Mike's. Our group is also supportive, funny, and really just trying to take it all in. We've seen a soccer game, the market, a funeral, a local kinka group, and many other things that continue to make us happy. I am learning so so much and I'm trying really hard to live up to that expectation that our wonderful teachers have bestowed on us. I know this adventure is going to help me in so many ways, getting outside my comfort zone is just one of them. I missed home during the layover in Brussels but since then, I'm very much enjoying being in the here and now. I've been reminded of my family and friends in my Malarone dreams so everyone is not far away! Since the welcome ceremony I've continued to feel very connected to all the people who've brought me here to this point. I'm also going to be in such great shape when I return home :)
Much love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment