Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Intro to the Students: Lauren

Hey all,
I'm Lauren! I am an alum of Saint Michael's college, class of 2018, and for the last year I've been the technical services staff/cataloger at the Stowe Free Library in Stowe, Vermont. It has been a crazy year for me since graduating but I could not pass up the opportunity to be on this trip with my fellow rad SMC travelers. I am taking this summer off from pursuing my Masters in Library and Information Sciences online through Syracuse University, which I started last summer. When I get back from Ghana I will only have two semesters left. Although, education never really stops!
I am super excited to be travelling to Ghana and immersing myself in the culture there. I was part of the dance ensemble during my time at St. Mike's and the group taught me to really think about learning. How do I learn to move my body? How do I listen to music and for the rhythm? It's all about connection. I'm excited to connect in this new place. I cannot believe tomorrow we set off on this adventure! I look forward to learning a whole lot and I could not be happier to be a part of this.
TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment