Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Take Five America, We are Headed to Ghana!

Howdy!

My name is John Sweeney. I am a rising senior studying music and I am headed to Ghana to spend three weeks learning more about music. I could not be more excited to experience Ghana. I am drummer in two extremely loud bands on campus, No Dolphins and Sead. I have been playing for five years now and my music taste has been growing exponentially. Ever since I was a freshman I made sure to have African drumming in my schedule,; it was one of the main reasons I decided to attend SMC.  I have grown so much as a musician and a person from this form of music. I have spent many restless nights dwelling on the upcoming trip, and trying to quantify how much fun the trip will be. 

I feel extremely lucky to have such an opportunity with such an amazing group of people whom I consider to be family.  I would like to thank Joss Price for going above and beyond setting this trip up for us Ne'er-do-wells, I am forever grateful.

As of right now I am all set to go, all packed up and eager to commute 15+ hours. It'll all be worth it. I hope you come along for the ride and keep up with what the whole group is doing, Maybe I'll get a laugh or to out of you, who knows. Maybe you'll hear the drums echoing in the night.

Catch you on the "B" side,

John Sweeney

3 comments:

  1. John: enjoy this experience of a lifetime! Safe travels, Aunt Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time! Ill miss you a lot and I love you sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! Have the absolute BEST time in Ghana! - Michelle

    ReplyDelete