Tuesday, August 6, 2019

In response to Peggy Imai:

In general I am extremely motivated when I play music. It is the one area in which I feel I always excel when I put my mind to it, as much of it comes naturally to me without much thought. I am able to grasp complicated rhythms easily, and then assist classmates in doing the same.

A good teacher does their best to understand the student’s existing knowledge and contribute more to it without reteaching what is already known. They are patient and they nurture the environment that the student requires for learning.

Teachers here are different from back home in that they are extremely well versed in the material from a young age, and therefore find it much easier than we do. This is beneficial in that they make concepts easier to grasp, but can be challenging when something feels far more complicated than they make it out to be.

The physical location of being in Ghana is not as important as the teachers who happen to be located here. However, one could argue the opposite for the reason that the teachers would not have the level of knowledge that they do had they been born elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment